Podcast | JOHN LISTON: Creating Opportunities with Offshoring
John Liston of Liston Newton Advisory shares with us his experience in outsourcing and onshoring over the years. Liston Newton Advisory focuses on working with small business owners and their needs in taxes, accounting, wealth planning, and lending. The company has several offices in Australia and John talks about their motivations in outsourcing to help grow the company.
- Offshoring vs outsourcing
- How offshoring creates opportunities for onshore team members
- Using offshoring to grow
- Communicating with team members
- On managing an offshore team: “So whether you’re using Zoom or using Microsoft teams, making sure you’ve got some way to kind of communicate and communicate with them over video.”
- “It’s about creating more time and adding value elsewhere because you’ve created that extra time for yourself.”
- How offshoring benefits clients: “It will allow us to scale and not degrade the quality of client service.”
- “I think it benefits our team by advancing them to learn other skills. So it’s probably more the balance that our team here aren’t just stuck in the same role for three years, doing the same compliance work, doing the same data entry stuff.”
- On offshoring myths: “I think you’ve got to look at it from a bigger picture point of view and see that it actually creates opportunities both for people in the Philippines, but it creates a lot of opportunities here.”
Don’t miss out on any episode – SUBSCRIBE NOW!
GOT FEEDBACK? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU:
Send to @nickqsinclair (Twitter)
Connect with John Liston