Jennie Moore, founder of Moore Details Inc., talks to us about getting past an unconscious bias surrounding outsourcing, expanding her practice’s capacity by hiring global team members, and her experience with TOA Global’s recruiting process. Moore Details Inc. helps organizations adapt their accounting systems to the cloud via boot camp-style coaching. The practice is based in Ontario, Canada.
Don’t miss out on any episode – SUBSCRIBE NOW!
- The catalyst for outsourcing
- Adopting a new way of thinking about outsourcing
- Beginning the outsourcing journey
- Tips for managing an offshore team
- On unconscious bias about outsourcing:“As an accounting professional I’ve been hit really hard with a lot of organizations willing to have – I want to use the words ‘disposable workforce’ – work for pennies on the dollar, and I always found it to be very unethical. I think in the Americas you’ll find that sort of wavelength going across. And that’s the unconscious bias I had to resolve, to go, ‘What is this?’ and ‘Is there any truth to it?’ When I went looking a little bit deeper with different organizations for outsourcing I did find that, but I did not find that with TOA.”
- On the first steps in the outsourcing process: “What I loved right off the bat was how professional everything was: there was a presentation, there was an agenda, there was a recording, there was transparency in every step we took. I felt, ‘Oh, that’s a video I can refer back to,’ cause there’s a lot of nuances when you’re hiring an outsourced team.”
- On hiring a global team member: “Learning to let go was the biggest thing for me because I’ve always been in a situation where I felt I had to micromanage. It was nice to start being able to let go a little bit.”
Connect with Jennie Moore
Call: (613) 827-2938