Recruiting the right people can make or break an accounting firm. It is a key ingredient in becoming a high-performing firm.
Matching the right people with the right tasks will increase productivity and enhance efficiency. Firms will be able to provide high value services, thereby resulting in a more profitable relationship.
Discover ways to increase productivity in your firm here.
To enhance your firm’s efficiency, read here.
Recruiting Professionals In The Philippines
There are many highly skilled professionals in the Philippines. The market is filled with professionals who possess high potential.
The Philippines is a good place to look for members of your team because of the following reasons:
- The new graduates are high in potential and exceptionally trainable
- Filipinos have a very strong affinity for the western culture
- The time zone difference is not too big
- Filipino accountants display a very strong work ethic
- Filipinos have a very high English proficiency. They are ranked highest in the 2013 Business English Index
Searching For The Perfect Fit
When looking for the perfect candidate, it is important to have as many choices as possible. Get the word out and make sure to clearly state your needs. This should help narrow down the choices.
It will help to talk to the key players in your firm to identify the exact characteristics and qualifications you want.
Once you have narrowed down the potential hires, the interview process is the next step. A face-to-face interaction, online or in person, is necessary for you to better gauge if that person is fit for your company.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Prepare a guide. An interview guide will help you make the right decision. The guide can include possible questions categorised based on things that will help you get a gauge of their personality and work ethic.
- Put the interviewee at ease so you can get to know them better. Applicants can be really nervous during the interview; that’s normal. It’s your job to make them feel comfortable. You can’t get the information you need when they are uneasy. One of the most effective ways to deal with this is to smile sincerely.
- Talk about your company and explain the role.
- Ask the right questions. The right questions will yield the information you need to make a sound decision. Aside from the applicant’s qualifications, ask questions that will give you an idea what his or her tolerance for stress is as well as other things like problem-solving skills.
- Ask the applicant to showcase his or her accomplishments. Letting the candidate highlight previous successes, you will be able to
Top tips when hiring an accountant:
- Get only the most qualified. A chartered or certified accountant is the best option for firms.
- Hire someone with relevant expertise. Your hire should be highly familiar with tax preparation and other accounting processes.
- Find out which accounting tools the candidate knows how to use.
- Be prepared and ask the right questions.
- Be pleasant to the interviewee. Make sure that the experience is a pleasant one for each of them.
The right talent will save you time and money, so it is important to take the time to do this carefully. Recruiting the right talent means you will need to do everything right. It is in your best interest to find only the most experienced and most capable accountant.
- The talent market in the Philippines is high
- The Philippines have very strong affinity for the western culture
- Filipino accountants have a very strong work ethic.
During the interview:
- Be well-prepared by making a guide
- Make sure to put the applicant at ease; smile
- Ask probing questions
- Ask the candidate to highlight his or her qualifications and achievements
- Once you have made the decision, make sure to respond to the candidate in a quick manner
The Outsourced Accountant helps accounting firms from all over the world grow their capacity, margins and profits through global outsourcing. Contact us to find out more about how we can help your firm.